Springtime is typically the best time of the year for house painting. Below you will find five reasons for getting this project started:
1. The exterior of your home is stressed out. Moisture can wreak havoc on the exterior paint. Snow, ice, frost, rain and high humidity can all have a negative effect on the paint. Moisture in all forms can cause paint to swell and soften, which eventually leads to cracking, blistering, flaking and peeling. Moisture conditions also support the growth of mildew.
2. Many home owners aren’t aware of many small things wrong with their home’s exterior. That is why a home inspection is often a great thing to do during the spring. Often you find rotting wood issues. If you wait to repair these items they often cost more to replace if you wait extended amounts of time.
3. Sprucing up your home will also add to your home’s curb appeal. Choosing appealing colors, stain for the exterior of your home like white, gray, tan, blue and brown add to the overall appeal. Likewise, selecting bold shades for accent colors on your front door or window shutters like red or blue are very appealing.
4. Painting will increase the value of your home. It’s one of your home’s best investments and best when a professional takes on the project.
5. Exterior paint has an expiration date. The amount of time needed between your next paint job is determined by the quality of paint selected. The better the quality of paint and how it’s applied is a key factor on how long the job will last. It’s always best to speak to a professional when looking for help.
Feel free to call Executive Craftsman for a free estimate on painting or exterior repairs to your home this spring. You can call us at 203-324-6383 when planning your next project! Feel free to request a free home inspection with no obligation. We are looking forward to helping you preserve your home.